Preferred Name Change
With the growing diversity of our campus, many students use names other than their given name for a variety of personal or cultural reasons. To better serve our students, we have created the option to add a Preferred First Name to several University applications that are used by students.
By submitting the Preferred Name form through Owl Express, I understand that:
- The Preferred First Name replaces the Legal First Name in The following systems:
- Bright Space by D2L
- Chalk and Wire
- Collegiate Link - Owl Life
- Digital Measures - Course Response
- Owl Express
- Proctor U
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Ticket Alternative
- Web Checkout
- The Preferred First Name will be added to the Class Roster, Student Advising Guide and Degreeworks.
- Legal names will be required for students enrolled in eCore courses. Student names must match the name issued on state identifications in order to sit for proctored exams.
- Student's legal name will remain unchanged in all other university related systems.