Transfer Credit to KSU
When a transfer student is fully accepted to Kennesaw State University, the Office of Admissions notifies the Office of the Registrar that a transcript has been received. Transcripts are evaluated in the order they are received from the Office of Admissions and are completed within 4-6 weeks. Once completed, an email confirmation of transfer evaluation is forwarded to the student and transfer credits may be viewed on the Owl Express transcript. DegreeWorks may be used to determine placement of transfer courses to the degree.
Click here for information regarding how course work will transfer to KSU
Transfer credit is granted based on the following criteria:
- See academic advisor immediately upon confirmation of transfer credit acceptance.
- Courses will be assigned KSU course numbers if they are determined to be equivalent. Elective credit (1T00 - 4T99) will be assigned if a course can not be deemed an exact equivalent. See your academic advisor for possible course substitution.
- All Education, Computer Science, Nursing, Music and Art courses will be assigned elective numbers (1T00 - 4T99). See these departments to determine if these classes may be substituted for specific KSU courses.
- Refer to DegreeWorks in Owl Express to determine how transfer credit is applied to a particular program of study. Please contact the academic advisement center for his/her major.
- KSU grants transfer credit for courses completed at institutions determined acceptable by KSU policy.
- Undergraduate transfer credit is not awarded for Internships, Directed Studies, Practicums, Workshops, Orientation Classes, Seminar Classes, graduate-level courses and/or remedial courses
- KSU does not allow credit for work experience or military experience.
- Department Chair approval is required for elective credit to substitute for a KSU course.
- Grades of D will be accepted only if higher grades are transferred with which to average to a 2.00 GPA.
- A grade of C or higher must have been earned in Composition courses in order to receive transfer credit for ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1102.
- Students successfully completing a course in one institution’s Areas A–E will receive full credit in Areas A–E for the course upon transfer to another USG institution as long as the following conditions are met: the course is within the Area hours limitations of either the sending institution or the receiving institution and the student does not change from a non-science major to a science major.
- A student will receive full credit for any area that has been completed at a USG institution if you transfer without changing your major. Upon initial evaluation of transfer credits, DegreeWorks applies courses appropriately in the web degree audit, which should be run by the student and advisor for verification.
- 1 Semester hour = 1.5 Quarter hours, KSU’s policy is to round up to the nearest whole number.
- Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning will be exempt from all general education requirements, including the Physical Education requirement. Exemption from general education requirements does not waive prerequisite or legislative requirements. See the university catalog for more information regarding Second Degrees.
- All students seeking a degree from a University System of Georgia institution must complete the State of Georgia legislative requirements. The legislative requirements may be satisfied by completion of POLS 1101 and HIST 2112 or the appropriate exemption exam(s) through the Student Success Testing Center.