Changes to Personal Information
If you are a current student, you can update your address information in Owl Express
under the Student Records tab.
If you are a former student, you can update your address information by completing
the Address, Phone and Email Change Form.
Preferred Name Change
With the growing diversity of our campus, many students use names other than their
given name for a variety of personal or cultural reasons. To better serve you, we
have created the option to add a Preferred First Name to several of the University
applications that you use.
You can submit the Preferred Name Change Form through Owl Express. This online form
is located under the Student Records tab.
- Legal names will be required for students enrolled in eCore courses.
- Student names must match the name issued on state identifications in order to sit
for proctored exams.
- Preferred names will not be used in cases where legal name is required, including
but not limited to, financial aid documents, official transcripts, diplomas, payroll
records, and federal immigration documents.
- In addition to the systems listed below, the Preferred First Name will be added to
the Class Roster, Student Advising Guide and Degreeworks.
The Preferred First Name replaces the Legal First Name in the following systems:
- Bright Space by D2L
- Chalk and Wire
- Collegiate Link - Owl Life
- Digital Measures - Course Response
- Owl Express
- Proctor U
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Ticket Alternative
- Web Checkout
Your legal name will remain unchanged in all other university related systems.
Changes to Other Personal Information
- Name, Gender and Social Security Change Form
- This form should be used if you need to make changes to your name(s), gender, or Social
Security Number as listed on your academic records. Documentation may be required
to complete the requested change.
- Release of Directory Information
- Kennesaw State University has established categories of information known as "Directory
Information" and may release this information without student consent, upon request.
Under the provisions of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) you have
the right to withhold the disclosure of the categories of "Directory Information”.
Complete this form if you do not want KSU to disclose all the types of information
designated as directory information from your education record to third parties. More
information on Directory Information and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act
(FERPA) can be found on KSU’s FERPA website.