Registration Agreement to Pay Tuition
Students are required to agree to the following registration agreement before they can proceed to the registration module in Owl Express.
REGISTRATION AGREEMENT TO PAY TUITION
In exchange for the opportunity to enroll in courses at Kennesaw State University (KSU), to receive educational services, and other goods and services of valuable consideration, I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions.
I understand and agree:
1. That by registering for classes at Kennesaw State University, I assume financial responsibility for all charges billed to my student account. In order to avoid financial responsibility, I must drop any classes, which I do not plan to attend, during the drop/add period. I understand that relevant information may be obtained here: http://registrar.kennesaw.edu/registration.php. I understand that nonattendance does not constitute a drop from classes.
2. I am responsible for the payment of all tuition and fees when due to Kennesaw State University (including, but not limited to, tuition, student fees, and meal plans) regardless of my eligibility for financial aid or other financial assistance. All balances will be paid in full using current financial aid before issuing any refunds.
3. That all necessary communication pertaining to outstanding balances will be conducted through Kennesaw State University’s issued student email account. I authorize the University, the Department, and their respective agents and contractors to contact me regarding balance(s), including repayment of my loan(s).
4. That my failure to pay any sums when due may result in late fees; placement of a hold on the account that will prevent me from registering for courses and obtaining transcripts; and/or may result in the submission of my account to a collection agency. I further understand that if my account is sent to a collection agency, I am responsible for paying the collection agency fee which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 15 percent of my delinquent account together with all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees. Finally, I understand that my delinquent account may be reported to one or more of the national credit bureaus.
5. That Kennesaw State University will deliver my IRS Form 1098‐T electronically every year in which I have reportable transactions, and that I may view and print my IRS Form 1098‐T by logging into www.tsc1098t.com.
6. That I am subject to and responsible for complying with all Kennesaw State University policies and procedures.
I further understand and agree that my authorization to enroll in courses at Kennesaw State University is expressly conditioned upon acceptance of all terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.
Cross Registration (ARCHE)
Kennesaw State University students may enroll in courses offered by member institutions of the Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education (ARCHE) under a cross registration agreement. Students who wish to cross register must meet all eligibility requirements under the ARCHE agreement and the University. Courses taken at a partnering school is transferred back as transfer credit. ARCHE credits do not count in residence credit.
Student Eligibility Criteria
- Students must be in good standing and have a minimum Kennesaw State University instituional GPA of 2.0 and the required GPA to enroll in the Kennesaw State University course which is most similar to the course in which the student wishes to cross register.
- Students must be concurrently enrolled in at least one Kennesaw State University course.
- Students must meet prerequisites for requested course(s) as defined by Kennesaw State University and the host institution.
- Students must meet the host institution’s immunization and health requirements.
- First-semester freshmen may not cross register (unless cross registering in courses for purposes of ROTC training).
- The course is offered at Kennesaw State University that semester.
- The course has been previously attempted at Kennesaw State University.
- The student expects to graduate from Kennesaw State University during the semester the student wishes to cross register a course.
- Students are limited to two cross-registered courses per semester, and the combined course load at Kennesaw State University and the host institution may not exceed the student’s maximum credit limit set by the home institution.
- Students who wish to cross register must complete and submit an ARCHE Cross Registration Application to the Office of the Registrar, Kennesaw Hall.
- Students must complete a new ARCHE Cross Registration Application for any subsequent term.
- Once all approvals have been obtained, the host institution’s Cross Registration Coordinator will register students for the approved course(s) on a space-available basis after the host institution’s regularly enrolled or continuing students have had first priority for registration. The host institution’s Cross Registration Coordinator will inform the student of approval and registration status via the student’s email account.
- Kennesaw State University’s students will pay Kennesaw State University’s tuition and fee rates. However, special fees (lab fees, parking and equipment lease) and security deposits must be paid to the host institution.
- The student is responsible for clearing all holds prior to the end of ARCHE registration period. Failure to clear all holds will result in the student not being registered for the term. The student must notify the ARCHE coordinator when all holds are cleared.
- The student is responsible to verify registration while participating in the ARCHE program. Your name will appear on the class roll and also reflect on your student registration Owl Express account.
- Students must abide by all host institutions’ policies and schedules regarding grades, exam dates, absences, and add/drop/withdrawal deadlines. To withdraw/drop from a course, both Kennesaw State University and the host institution’s withdrawal procedures must be followed. Changes in registration must be approved by Kennesaw State University and the host institution’s Cross Registration Coordinators.
- Upon completion of the course, the host institution’s Cross Registration Coordinator will send a final transcript to Kennesaw State University. Students who receive a grade of Incomplete at a host institution should recognize that the time limit for removal of a grade of Incomplete must not exceed Kennesaw State University’s deadline for removal of a grade of incomplete. It is the student’s responsibility to request an official transcript from the host institution once the grade of Incomplete has been satisfied and a final grade has been assigned.
Changing or Declaring Majors, Minors, Certificates
- Students should declare a major as soon as possible so an advisor can be assigned to help expedite their progress toward a degree and assist them in preparing for a career.
- Students desiring to declare/change their major, minor, certificate, or add/change their concentration should submit the request through Owl Express, Student Records, Declare or Change Major/Minor link.