Registration and Time Ticket Assignments
All currently enrolled students, readmits, new graduate students, and new online learners are eligible to participate in registration. New undergraduate students (excluding transient students) will need to attend an orientation session where they will have an opportunity to register for classes. New students not attending orientation will have an opportunity to register after the last scheduled orientation session.
Registration begins at 8:00 am on the first day and ends at 11:45 pm on the last day of registrationRegister for Courses
Registration Time Tickets are assigned for students currently enrolled or enrolled three (3) semesters back. Assigned registration times are based on student classification, hours earned (including transfer hours), not including currently enrolled hours and academic standing status.Times are generally assigned one week prior to the beginning of each registration phase.
Students can find their registration time on Owl Express by selecting the Registration tab, then selecting Registration Status and Time Ticket.
The registration system will consider a course to be “in-progress” when a student is currently enrolled in the course and consider the prerequisite fulfilled by the student being enrolled in that course.
Students who do not meet the course prerequisites or registration requirements for classes in which they may have registered for during the Early Registration period must drop the course/s prior to the end of Drop/Add. Students should check their registration during Final Registration and prior to the end of Drop/Add. The Office of the Registrar may drop a student from a course in which the student does not meet the course prerequisites at the request of the academic department.
A Drop/Add Session is offered to students at the beginning of the semester. Dates vary by session and are indicated on the Academic Calendar.
If your fees and tuition are not paid by the deadline, your course registration will be cancelled. There is a limited opportunity for your registration to be reinstated; in these cases, a late payment fee of $50 may be charged to your account. Detailed information about reinstatement will be shared with you through your student email after your registration has been cancelled.
If you are registering for an eCore Second Session, 7-Week Session II or Four-Week Session II course during the mid-term registration phase and do not pay for the course(s) in that session, you may be administratively withdrawn and required to complete payment.
You may withdraw from one or more of your courses at any time prior to the last week of the semester. In order to receive a refund, you must completely withdraw from ALL of your courses. Visit the Withdrawal Dates and Refund Percentages page for more information on withdrawal refunds. You can log in to Owl Express to withdraw from your courses online.
When a medical or psychological crisis occurs during the current term, students must withdraw online via Owl Express. If a grade of 'WF' is issued at the point of withdrawal, the student may contact the Office of the Dean of Students to appeal for a medical withdrawal. For more information visit the Division of Student Affairs.
For more information see the Undergraduate Catalog.
Course waitlisting is available for course sections at the time of registration. Students must meet all course registration requirements (including prerequisites and co-requisites) before waitlisting. Once waitlisted, students may view their waitlist status in Owl Express, Registration Tab, Display Class Schedule and Grades.
- Students will receive an email notification when a seat becomes available.
- Students have 18 hours from the date and time of seat notification to register for the course or the student will be deleted from the waitlist. Notifications of seat availability are emailed to student KSU email accounts.
- ALL waitlists will expire at the end of Registration. Students will be removed from the waitlist.
- Students may register for open seats during the remaining days of Drop/Add.
- Students MUST meet all prerequisites, co-requisites, and registration requirements to be eligible to waitlist.
- Time conflicts and repeat limits are not checked when waitlisting for a course, but will be enforced when registering for a course.
How to Waitlist for a Closed Section Offering Waitlisting
- Login to Owl Express.
- Select the Registration tab.
- Select the Term.
- Select Registration (Add/Drop Classes).
- Perform a Class Search for a course section.
- Course sections with a WL Cap of more than zero are using waitlisting.
- Take note of the CRN.
- Select Add to Worksheet.
- Enter the CRN.
- Select Submit Changes.
- From the drop down Action box, choose Wait List' to add to the waitlist.
- Click Submit Changes.